Monday, April 21, 2008

Resistence During The Holocaust, What If It Happened Today?




In Germany from 1937-1945 a dictator ruled, promising to return all money lost, gain land it had lost from the Treaty of Versailles, and have Germany as a world superpower. In order to get people to believe this man they needed to have a scapegoat, Hitler chose all "non-Arians" such as Jews, Gypsies, Disabled, and homosexuals. he blamed these people for having wealth at the time where all Germans were poor, Hitler also said how he believed these people really didn't deserve to survive and that Arians were the dominant breed of humans. The final decision for him was to round up all Jews and do mass genocide by exterminating all of them. Can it happen again? The answer is yes, history can repeat itself and studies done proven that if people are convinced that it is necessary, anyone can do such atrocities. If a ruler took control of the country and started exterminating all people of the Muslim faith I would do anything I can do to help out. I believe that all people has rights as a human and that it is unjust to start killing people for no reason. I'm a caring person so i don't think i could stand by and let something like this happen. If I do act i would have to overcome many things if i wanted to help. First off one of the main hardships is dealing with people who actually believe that it is the best thing to do, man people already has a prejudice against Muslims all they need is someone to convince them it is the right thing to do. I can prove this by a on-line rumor that Barrack Obama is *gasp* a secret Muslim, there is way to much racism and brainwashing done by the media to convince many idiots that they are bad people and because he is a Muslim man you shouldn't vote for him. This leads to my second thing to overcome, "the man". If someone did this they already have control of the entire nation so in order to help the Muslims I would need to do it more secretly like Oskar Schindler, I would pretend I'm for the genocide of Muslims in order to make the biggest impact. Last challenge is taking the dictator out. In order to do this I need to find people who feel that same way I do or help a resistance organization to take the unjust ruler out. History has been known to repeat itself however with the sheer size of our country, and the number of people within it, I doubt such a thing like this can happen, however if it does happen this is probably what i would do.

No comments: